Mmmm. Cheesecake. Need I say more?
Unless you’re lactose intolerant (and maybe that won’t even stop you), how can you possibly say no to cheesecake? So, if you like cheesecake like the majority of the population, you will looove me. Why? Because I’ll tell you something that’s even better than regular cheesecake: cheesecake cupcakes! Let’s take a moment while you experience that aha! moment.
Okay, so cheesecake cupcakes are basically cheesecake but made in individual portions in a cupcake liner, making them easy to pack, eat and share. Plus, they’re so easy to make! Does it get any more perfect than that?
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, this recipe would be a great and easy end-of-the-meal dessert that will be sure to impress your Valentine.
Cheesecake Cupcake with Cherry Filling Topping Recipe
Yields 12 cupcakes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 2 cups of crushed graham crackers
- 4 tablespoon of butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line cupcake tins with cupcake liners
- Crush the graham crackers and mix with butter. Place 1 tablespoon of this mixture in each cupcake liner, and press down on the mixture to make the crust.
- In a mixing bowl, beat room temperatured cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Fill each cupcake liner with the cream cheese mixture, almost to the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- Top with a teaspoonful of cherry pie filling.
- Remove cupcake liner before serving (optional).